Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August has arrived

With August arriving it seems so quickly, it's time to enjoy the beautiful sky we are seeing all around us. My I-phone is always close at hand to snap those pictures of what I think are unusual cloud formations. The last few I took were so awe inspiring.  I saw a nativity pattern in one, and just plain beauty in the other.  They help keep the creativity flowing as I think of new designs for my hats.

It's been a busy summer. I delivered six hats to Arkansas, four for great nieces of a client and two for her historic home decor.  Am anxious to see how they are displayed next time I go through there.  Also, we got to stop at Crystal Bridges near Bentonville, AR to see their amazing collection of art.

Now back to hats. A hat collector from Phoenix was sent the article that appeared in the Omaha World Herald about me and my hats. It was a real thrill to meet someone who loves collecting hats from all over the world and to watch the excitement that she showed as she tried to decide which one is the one to take home. She picked the first one she spotted. It was one I had just completed. She'll be back for more some day she chimed in.

Heading to Louisville,KY soon to spend some time with another milliner and to pick up a few hat making hints from her.....can hardly wait.

When you find yourself needing a hat for a special event or just a pick-me-up, give me a call and we can set up some personal time to help you select that perfect hat just for you. See you next time.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment